Creating Crystal Grids with Chakrubs
Creating crystal grids with Chakrubs is one of my favorite ways to direct energy, so I thought I would show you how to make one for yourself. In my book Crystal Healing and Sacred Pleasure, I share a crystal grid ritual for the solar plexus chakra that places crystals directly on and around the body as a way of reminding ourselves that we are powerful manifestors and that all power exists within us.
I also enjoy creating crystal grids by placing crystals in various corners of my home and connecting them through energy and intention. Crystal grids are created when crystals are placed in specific patterns or geometric shapes in order to concentrate energy for a specific purpose. The different crystals interact with one another and facilitate movement to help us achieve our intentions.
What I love about creating crystal grids is that it is also an art form - you can be intuitively create patterns that are aesthetically pleasing. The act of creating a crystal grid is therapeutic in itself.
A few things are needed to create a crystal grid:
- A flat surface
- Preferred cleansing agent (such as sage or palo santo)
- Intention or connection wand
- Generator or focus stone
- Journey stones
- Protector stones
1. Begin by gathering the crystals and stones that speak to you. For this grid, I chose my Prism Chakrub as my intention and connection stone, the Chakrub Diletto as my generator or focus stone, pink beryl and ruby crystals as my journey stones, and black tourmaline with feldspar as my protector stone. For your intention stone, any crystal with a tapered end to direct energy with will work. Your generator or focus stone can be a tower or something with a pointed top and flat base.
2. Cleanse all of the crystals using your preferred cleansing agent. I like to burn sustainably harvested sage and hold each crystal over the smoke, allowing the smoke to encapsulate the crystal while I tune into the intention of cleansing.
3. If you are working with a specific intention or have something you want to call forward, you may charge your crystals by holding each one and focusing on instilling that desire into each of them.
4. After you have charged each of your crystals, place them in a pattern or shape of your choosing, with your generator or focus stone in the center and your intention or connection stone in a position that feels complementary to that.
5. Begin to place the smaller journey stones around your generator. I gravitated towards pink beryl, which is also called morganite, alternated with ruby. These two stones are both associated with the Heart Chakra. They vary in their meaning, but I used these stones because I intuitively felt that I wanted to include them and because it was important for me to remind myself to still remain open and keep a soft heart, especially while going through a breakup. Often when we part ways with someone, we feel like we have to close off and protect our hearts and we don’t want to be vulnerable because it’s really scary. So I used pink beryl and ruby to remind myself to stay open and let love in and to hold onto that energy.
6. Around the journey stones, create a circle of protector stones that connect to each journey stone. For this grid, I chose black tourmaline with feldspar, which acted as a circle of protection. It is important to acknowledge that when we are making grids and doing things like this that are very mystical, we are opening ourselves up to all kinds of energy. So I constructed this circle to symbolize protection for myself and to understand that these pieces of my heart, represented by pink beryl and ruby, will be protected even while I allow myself to be vulnerable.
7. After you’ve cleansed and charged your crystals and placed them in your grid, take your wand or Chakrub and point the tapered end towards the generator stone. Visualize a circle being drawn as you glide the wand over each crystal in the grid and bring it back to the generator, going in a clockwise motion. Tune into the energy that is circulating as you continue to go around faster with each round. I like to continue to build speed and feel the energy build within my body. You can also create a spiral shape as you circle the grid and imagine that energy going outwards.
8. Once I finished stirring up all of the energy of the grid, I took my Prism Chakrub that I was using as my intention stone and held it to my heart, breathing deeply and feeling all of the energy that was just created seep into and move within me as my heart rate rose. You may want to just be quiet and allow the energy of the stone to do its work. Certain thoughts may come up in that silence. Personally, I could feel my heart beating faster and I could feel the tension that this energy was trying to help me shake up and release, so I took intentional exhales to assist in that process. You can put your hands over the grid and tie an imaginary knot so that the energy keeps circulating within this little bubble that you’ve created.
After you’ve done this work, keep a watchful eye out for anything you may have manifested through your grid. You may want to write down your initial thoughts, and keep a record of any occurrences that follow.
Using a Chakrub as Your Intention Stone
The reason why I chose my Prism Chakrub as my intention stone is because this Chakrub knows me intimately and I’ve bonded with it so deeply in my sexual practice. This crystal knows what I want and it knows what my higher self is asking for. As someone who has the tendency to overthink, I felt more comfortable creating this crystal grid without a specific intention and trusting that because I am so intimately connected with this Chakrub, it will be able to connect with my highest self to manifest what is going to best serve me. I had to have faith that whatever came through this crystal grid was what I was bringing forth, what I was healing, and what I was wanting to accept. Clear Quartz was the perfect connection stone for this grid as it gets imbued with our intention and works to align us with our higher self.
Using a Chakrub as the wand to connect all of the crystals in the grid is potent because it speaks to your sexual power, especially if it’s a Chakrub that you have masturbated with. Having a Chakrub that you’ve already bathed in your delicious, magical powers makes it extremely potent. If you don’t have a Chakrub or don’t feel called to use one, any kind of wand will work. I sometimes like to use an obsidian needle, which is a very witchy stone.
Using the Chakrubs Diletto as a Generator Stone
I chose the Chakrub Diletto as my generator and focus stone because I wanted this grid to help me release old masculine energies that I’ve introduced into my body and let them go with love, and to perhaps find that masculine energy within myself. I think that the Diletto is a beautiful symbol for this as it honors the past relationships that I am ready to release and helps me manifest new opportunities.
Additionally, the symbol of the “cock” is a powerful energy force. Its meaning coincides with that of the phallus, which represents personal power, fertility, regeneration, and resurrection. Popular culture has over-sexualized our understanding of the cock and many of us might not resonate with how it is portrayed to the masses. The Diletto offers an opportunity to reshape our relationship to the divine masculine. I used it to ignite that kind of power in my own world. In the days after I made this crystal grid, I carried the Diletto around with me and even took it out in public, drawing strength and protection from the obsidian it is made from while the shape reminded me of the masculine energy that I was calling forth from within myself.
If you choose to create your own crystal grid using Chakrubs, make sure to tag us @chakrubs and use hashtag #chakrubs - we’d love to see and share what you create!